Bellator 222 Results: MacDonald vs. Gracie
Bellator 222, perhaps, one of the biggest events in Bellator history, took place at the Madison Square Garden in New York.
Two title fights and the fight of the MMA legends headlined the main card, and many prospects showed their talents that can become new stars of the promotion tomorrow.
The main event was the gran-prix semifinal in which Bellator champion Rory MacDonald defended his title against Neiman Gracie.
Below, you can see the full results of the event:
- Gran-prix welterweight semifinal: Rory MacDonald def. Neiman Gracie via unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 48-47)
- Light heavyweight: Lyoto Machida def. Chael Sonnen via second-round TKO (punches) at 0:22
- Welterweight division: Dillon Danis def. Max Humphrey via first-round submission (armbar) at 4:28
- Bantamweight division: Patrick Mix def. Ricky Bandejas via first-round submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:06
- Featherweight division: Juan Archuleta def. Eduardo Dantas via second-round KO (punch) at 4:59
- Title fight in the bantamweight division: Kyoji Horiguchi def. Darrion Caldwell by unanimous decision (48-47, 49-46, 49-46)
- Featherweight division: Adam Borics def. Aaron Pico via second-round KO at 3:55
- Women’s, to 128 lb: Taylor Turner def. Heather Hardy via first-round TKO at 3:53
- Women’s, flyweight: Valerie Loureda def. Larkyn Dasch via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Women’s, strawweight: Lindsey VanZandt def. Rena Kubota via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:04
- Interim division to 178 lb: Haim Gozali def. Gustavo Wurlitzer via submission (triangle choke)
- Bantamweight division: Mike Kimbel def. Sebastian Ruiz via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 30-27)
- Welterweight division: Robson Gracie Jr. def. Oscar Vera via first-round armbar submission at 3:15
- Middleweight division: Marcus Surin def. Nekruz Mirkhojaev via split decision (30-27, 27-29, 29-27)
- Middleweight division: Phil Hawes def. Michael Wilcox via first-round TKO (doctor stoppage) at 5:00
- Featherweight division: John Beneduce def. Kenny Rivera via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Interim division to 165 lb: Kastriot Xhema def. Whitney Jean Francois via second-round TKO at 3:17
- Flyweight division: Brandon Polcare def. Brandon Medina via submission (guillotine) at 4:33