UFC WELTERWEIGHT NEIL MAGNY FAILED DRUG TEST
Top UFC welterweight fighter Neil Magny (21-7) was supposed to fight in the main card of UFC Fight Night 152 this weekend. His opponent was supposed to be Vicente Luque. But earlier this week Magny suddenly withdrew from the event for undisclosed reasons.
Today, the fighter told the world why. Magny decided to address his fans through Instagram with an honest confession. The fighter said he had failed drug test the day before the fight and commented on the incident.
“As many of you know, I had to withdraw from my scheduled bout against Vicente Luque on Saturday, May 18th,” Magny wrote. “I want to apologize to him, as I know how difficult it is to lose an opponent days out from a fight. Throughout my MMA career I have been very transparent. I am not afraid to admit when I am in the wrong. On Saturday, May 11, 2019, I received an email from USADA stating that I have failed an “out of competition drug test” due to the banned substance “Di-Hydroxy-LGD-4033”.”
“I am fully cooperating with USADA to determine how this substance was found in the sample I provided them on May 5, 2019. I have always been an advocate for the strict drug testing in the UFC, even to the extent of opting for my collected samples to be used for research purposes by USADA. I know without a doubt that I have done everything according to the standards set by USADA. I have faith in USADA that this situation will be resolved in a timely manner and that I will be cleared of any wrong doing. To all of my fans and supporters, thank you. I assure you that I have not let you down.”
According to new rules, USADA carries out full investigation and announces violations only after rendering verdict but many fighters such as Neil Magny or Sean O’Malley want to tell everything themselves.
Last time Neil Magny entered the Octagon last November at UFC Argentina where he lost to Argentine puncher Santiago Ponzinibbio via KO.